Monday, June 17, 2013

Tear Down of the 60

Now that I have the engine free and turned over, I can begin the process of trying to get it started. As I am working on the tractor I begin to replace the plugs since the others were rusted. Once I finished that process up I put a new battery in the tractor and tried to crank it but it was no good. I didn't know what was wrong, so I checked the starter. If I didn't want to restore the tractor to its original condition I would've had the starter rebuilt right away. Since that was the least if my worries I started the initial tear down of the tractor. After hours and hours of working on the tractor I finally had it torn down to the main engine and transmission housings. But there is just one thing that I had not removed yet and it was the three-hundred pound radiator that sits in the front of the tractor then I talked to my buddy about helping me get it out because of it being so heavy and he told me “Why don’t you just use a cherry picker to pull it out?” “I don’t have one,” I replied. “I have one at home,” replied my buddy. My buddy agreed to me borrowing his cherry picker. Then my buddy left to get it while I took the main bolts that held it in place. Once we got it out the tractor was ready for the engine and transmission to be started on.


No comments:

Post a Comment